ATG OOTB supports volume pricing. We don’t have to make any changes to get bulk pricing works. Below are the simple steps for bulk pricing
- Create a new price list “Bulk Price List” in bcc with simple configuration
- Go to Catalog – Select Sku – Price List Tab
- Select newly price list “Bulk Price List” and select “Volume Pricing” in dropdown
- A pop up will appear to set the bulk price like below
- Deploy the project in BCC.
How It Works Using Pre-calculator
- Set the pre-calculator ItemPriceListCalculator in ItemPricingEngine
- It will automatically check the pricing scheme whether it is list, bulk or tiered
- PriceListsBulkCalculator is the component responsible for Bulk Pricing and this component is being called from ItemPriceListCalculator based on the pricing scheme.
How It Works Using Custom Code
- First get the price item from price list
- Then get the price by passing the quantity.
//Get Price Item
RepositoryItem priceItem = getPricingTools().getPriceListManager().getPrice("Bulk Price List", pProductItem, pSkuItem);
//Note this method gets the unit price and not the total amount for the given quantity
Double price = getPricingTools().getPriceFromItem(priceItem, NO_OF_ITEM);